The Back link on our New Car screen does not work. Let's fix that. If you are currently not in the New Cars screen, customize it.
1. In the secNav section, select the Back text object, click the down arrow, and choose Click event and this will bring up the Action Editor!
2. On the right panel, you will find every action available in Method (see List of Actions for details).
3. In the search bar under Add New Action, search for the Go To Screen action.
4. Select the Go To Screen action and it will get added to the Action Set. The right panel allows you to configure the action.
5. In the right panel, for Navigate to dropdown, select “< Back (Browser history)” which will tell Method to send you back to the last screen in your browser history.
6. After Navigation refers to what happens after Method redirects you to another screen. We’ll choose “Close This Screen” because we don’t want to accidentally add the same car a second time.
7. Internal Notes will show up on your action set. They will remind you what the action is doing, especially if the action name isn't descriptive. Add the note “Go browser back” so you and others know what screen “Go To Screen” refers to!
Notes: It is in your best interest to always enter in Internal Notes. It is easier to find an error if you have proper internal comments.
8. Close the Action editor in the upper right hand corner.
9. Select Close to exit design mode of the screen.
You’ve successfully added your first action to a button! Now the back link will work! On to get the Save button working!