Now that we have a handle on how to program objects, let’s head on over to the Car List screen to get those buttons set up. Currently the Back and New Car links don’t do anything. Let’s program them to take you to their respective screens!
- Customize the Cars List screen.
- Select the down arrow on the Back object and choose its Click event.
- Search for and add the Go To Screen Action.
- For Navigate to, select “< Back (Browser history)”.
- For After Navigation, make sure “Keep This Screen in Currently Open List” is selected. This will keep the screen open in the Currently Open list, meaning you can easily navigate back to it if you want to.
- Type in Internal Note: “Browser back”.
- Close the Action Editor.
- Select the Click event for the New Car link.
- Search for and add Go To Screen action.
- For Navigate to, search for and select the Cars App.
- Another dropdown pops up for the screen, so select New Car screen.
- For Set a Screen active record ID, select Clear Screen.
- For After Navigation, make sure “Keep This Screen in Currently Open List” is selected.
- For Internal Notes: “New Car screen”.
- Close the Action Editor and then close Design Mode.
Whoo! Two new functional objects on your Car List screen! We’re cooking with gas now!