Once you have created your campaign, it's time to create the content of the email that will be sent out.
However, the email content must be created through an existing campaign.
- If you do not have an email campaign created yet, create a new email campaign first.
- Select an existing email campaign in the Email Campaigns app.
Both of these options bring you to the Email Campaign screen, where you must click Step 1: Create Email Content.
This opens the Edit Email screen.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. We won't walk you through the process of creating an email. However, here are the options specific to the Email Campaign.
- Update the selected email template with the changes made above: If you choose an email template and you make changes to what the template filled in, you can update the original email template with your changes.
- Append a standard email opt-out messages and link at the bottom of your email: Mass emails must have an unsubscribe link for the recipients. The Email Campaigns app has a default unsubscribe message defined in the preferences. Checking this box will append this message.
- Opt-out Message: You can further modify the opt-out message here. You will notice a URL link called "http://urlforoptout/". Do not change this. A dynamic address will be generated and included in the email to allow your users to opt-out.
- Preview Button: Preview the email.
- Save & Back: Save the email and go back to the Email Campaign.
- Save: Save the email.
Next, you must create a list of contacts to email.