This article covers how to set up Braintree Payments as a payment gateway in Method:CRM.
If the following process does not match your account, then you are on a deprecated version of payment gateways. Please contact our support staff to upgrade your account.
Get Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key
You will need the following information from your Braintree account.
Merchant ID - This is completely different from your Merchant Account ID.
1. Log in to https://www.braintreegateway.com/login
2. Click the gear, and then select API. This will take you to a list of your API Keys. If the keys are not generated, you may need to click Generate New API Key.
3. Under Private Key, click View.
4. This will take you to a list of your client keys with the three pieces of information you need:
Connect Braintree in Method:CRM
Once you have your Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key, you can connect this payment gateway to Method:CRM.
1. Click the circular Preferences Icon in the upper right corner. Select Integrations from the menu.
2. On the Integrations page, click Payment Gateways. This will take you to the Payment Gateway screen.
3. On the Payment Gateways screen, click Create new payment gateway.
4. A Payments pop-up appears. Enter in your company's phone number, select your country, and check that you have read the terms and conditions. Click Next to continue. It will take a few seconds to activate.
5. You will be taken to a screen to connect your payment gateway. Select Braintree.
6. When connecting to Braintree, it will ask you to put in your Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key. Enter this this in and click Save.
7. Once complete, the Payments pop-up will be connected to Braintree. Click Done.
8. You will be shown a prompt telling you our setup is complete. Click the "x" to exit the configuration.
9. You will return to Method:CRM. Method:CRM will do one last bit to verify the connection is succeeded. This notification will pop up:
10. And you now have a payment gateway connected Braintree! At the top, it will indicate your payment gateway is connected.
11. If you need to edit your configuration, scroll down and select View payment gateway configurations.