This article is a guide for administrators who are setting up Method. Usually, this will be the first person who first installs Method, but it can be done by anyone who has administrative permissions.
If you have not installed Method yet, this is your first task. The Installation is different depending on whether or not you are using the online version of QuickBooks, or the desktop version of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Online - Installation instructions for Method
- QuickBooks Desktop - Installation instructions for Method
After the Installation
After Method:CRM has been installed, the sync should immediately start working. Next up are common tasks you may do as an administrator.
- Review Your Apps - Depending on your small business, not every app is needed. Review the ones currently installed and choose whether or not you need them on your dashboard.
- Invite a User - Invite other users to your Method account. Make sure they are subscribed to the correct apps, and set their permissions accordingly.
- Upload your Logo - Your logo will appear on the transactions you give to your customers, as well as the customer portal.
- Set Up Payment Gateway - A payment gateway is a third party provider that allows you to accept credit card payments. Currently, Method accepts Authorize.net, PSIGate, PayPal Credit Card, and IntuitQuickBooks Payment (US).
- Import Leads - If you have a lead sheet of potential customers, you can import these into Method. In Method, leads do not sync with QuickBooks until you choose to convert them to customers.
Once you set up your Method account by completing the tasks above, you can find further information in the Set Up Method branch of our help center.
If you or your invited users would like to learn how to use Method:CRM, please refer to our article New Users - Learn Method:CRM.