The following is a list of import templates for Method's Import/Export tool. These links will give you a file to use as a guide for creating an import .csv file or an excel (.xls) file.
- QuickBooks Desktop Template - See below for instructions.
- QuickBooks Online Template - See below for instructions.
- Contacts Import Template.csv - See below for instructions.
- Activities Template - Please see our article Importing Activities.
- Opportunities Template - Please see our article Importing Opportunities.
Before doing any imports, please review our article Important Terms to understand.
Lead and Customer Import Templates
- Excel template for QuickBooks Desktop users (for leads and customers).
- Excel template for QuickBooks Online users (for leads and customers).
Above are Excel templates to show how import spreadsheets should be formatted. It includes:
- Required fields
- Commonly-used fields (Do not alter the field names in the first row)
- Field length restrictions (Hover over field names to see comments)
- Sample data (Replace with your own data)
The following is a list of the column headers we’ve included for you. The character maximum length will be indicated in brackets.
- CompanyName (41): Lead’s company name.
- Name (41): Required field. A combination of the First and Last Name fields.
- FirstName (25): Required field only for QuickBooks Online. First name of your lead.
- LastName (25): Last name of your lead.
- Contact (41): Name of the contact for your lead. Method automatically creates a contact for each lead based on the Name field.
- Phone (21): Main phone number for this lead.
- Email (1023): Lead’s email address.
- BillAddress fields (each at 41): There are three fields marked BillAddressAddr and are provided in addition to BillAddressCity, BillAddressCountry, BillAddressState and BillAddressPostalCode. The BillAddressAddr fields are typically used for the lead name, street address, and suite number if necessary.
If there are other fields you want in the template, you can add them in. Please view the Customer table to see which fields are available. If you have custom fields, you will need to add them to Customer table first.
Contacts Import Template
- CSV template for importing Contacts
A customer can have multiple contacts. To add contacts in bulk, you will need to import into the Contacts table.
The above template will provide a framework to show how your spreadsheet should be formatted. Here is a list of the column headers.
- *Name (41): Name of the contact. This field is required.
- First Name (25): First name of the contact.
- Last Name (25): Last name of the contact.
- Title (25): Title of your contact.
- Phone (21): Main phone number for the contact.
- Email (1023): Email address for the contact.
- *Entity (41): The Customer Name the contact belongs to. This is required.
If there are other fields you want in the template, you can add them in. Please view the Contacts table to see which fields are available. If you have custom fields, you will need to add them to Contacts table first.