Intuit QuickBooks Payments is one of several payment gateways that can be used to accept credit card payments through Method's Payments App.
However, QuickBooks Payments is only available for US versions of QuickBooks Online. Furthermore, it only supports US Dollars.
Before you can use QuickBooks Payments to accept payments, you must sign up for QuickBooks Payments (if you don't already have one).
Navigating to Payment Gateways
1. Click the Gear in the upper right corner of the screen and then choose Preferences.
2. This will take you your preferences screen. On the left menu, select Integrations.
3. Click Edit payment gateways.
4. This opens your Payment Gateway List, where you can view your active and inactive gateways. Select either link which adds a New Payment Gateway.
5. From the Credit Card Company dropdown, choose Intuit QuickBooks Payments.
Setting Up Intuit QuickBooks Payments as a Payment Gateway
When you select Intuit QuickBooks Payments in the dropdown, you will get the following screen. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required to set up the gateway.
1. First, you will need to connect to Intuit. Click the Connect button.
2. You will need to authorize Intuit to securely share data with Method:CRM, so complete the authorization.
Once completed, you will see you are connected to Intuit.com.
4. Finally comes the fields you need to fill in.
NOTE: The defaults you set up here will be overridden by the fields on the New/Edit Payment screen if they don't match, so ensure you fill out those fields with the same information.
- Payment gateway name*: This is the name that will appear in the dropdown. If this gateway appears in a customer portal, it will be visible to your customers.
- Default payment method*: The payment method most likely to be used. In a gateway, this is probably a credit card.
- Default Deposit To account*: The account where money is initially deposited, also populated by QuickBooks.
- Currency: Assign a currency and choose whether to make it the default for this gateway.
- Is active?: Flag this gateway as active, which means it appears in the active gateways list and in payment gateway dropdowns.
- Is default payment gateway?: The default payment gateway used for all payments.
When you've filled in your details, click Save and Intuit QuickBooks Payments is available as a payment gateway.