Normally, all that is required to access a Method Portal is a URL link. No password is necessary.
However, if you or your customers are ever prompted for login credentials including a password, below are the reasons why this would happen:
- Your email address has been linked to a current/past Method:CRM account for your business
- Any Method trial accounts
- Accounts that are still active
- Older accounts that may no longer be active.
- If you've ever created or reset your password using the Forgot Password process.
- If you are using a bookmarked link to a Portal that previously worked
- This is currently a known issue and we expect to have a resolution soon.
Adding a Password For Your Portal Sign In
If you're using or have been sent a link to sign in to the Portal and wish to protect your login with a password follow the steps below.
- Use this URL for the Forgot Password feature https://signin.method.me/Password/Forgot
You can also find this link from the normal sign in page and click Forgot Password.
2. Enter the email address you use to sign in.
3. Click Submit.
4. Click the Create a new password link in the email that was sent for verification.
5. Follow the on-screen directions to create your new password.
6. Click Create Password.
Note: You can ignore the next screen if it comes up. Simply close the browser tab.
7. Return to any portal link you were previously using or sent and copy the URL into a browser.
8. You will now be required to log in to your Customer Portal.