If you have Google Apps Business account you can use those credentials to sign into Method. And if you are already signed into Google, you will automatically be signed into Method. Also, if you have multiple Method accounts, you can use the same Google Apps login to access all of them!
Note: You cannot sign in with a free, regular Gmail account. Method only
integrates with a paid Google Apps business account. Google does not provide
free Gmail accounts with the same features as paid Google Apps account.
Furthermore, it is secure. When you sign in with your Google Apps account, you are entering your Google password on Google's servers. Google never shares your Google password with Method, and Method never shares your Method password with Google.
Note: The authorization process delivers an Oauth token that Method can use
to integrate with your Gmail, Google Calendar, Contacts and Google Docs.
Signing in with Your Google Account
1. First, go to Method's sign-in page and click Sign in with Google.
2. Depending on the situation, you may be taken to another screen before moving to the next step.
- Not signed into Google account: If you are not signed in on this browser, you’ll be prompted sign in with your Gmail address and password before moving to the next step.
- Signed into Google account - One Email Adress: If you are already signed in on this browser, and only have one email associated with your Google account, you’ll move to the next step.
- Signed into Google account - Multiple Email Adresses: If you are already signed in on this browser, and have multiple email addresses associated with your Google account, you will be asked to choose which email address you’d like to link to your Method account before moving to the next step.
3. Click Allow to grant Method access to your Google Account.
5. Enter in your Method login email address and password. This is the email address you use to sign into Method and not your Google password, nor your QuickBooks password.
6. Click Link & Sign in.
- If you have more than one Method account, you’ll be prompted to choose which one you want to sign into. Choose, and you’ll be signed into your Dashboard.
- If you have only one Method account, you will be sent directly to your Dashboard.
7. In a little while, you'll receive an email telling you a new Google Calendar has been set up for you, which will display all activities you create in your Method account!
Note: If you disconnect your Google Account and choose to reconnect,
Method will automatically search for a calendar associated with that ID.
And that’s it! From this point forward you can simply click “Sign in with Google” from our sign-in page, and you’ll be automatically signed into Method with your Google credentials.
Disconnecting your Google account
If you're already signed into a Google account while following the steps above, Method will attempt to automatically associate itself with the currently active account.
If you prefer to associate a different account, you can disconnect this account and then follow the steps above to reconnect the account of your choice. Here's how to disconnect.
1. While logged into Method, click the gear in the upper right hand corner and select Preferences.
2. Scroll down to Connected Accounts and next to Google, click Disconnect.
And that's it! You're disconnected! You can now follow the steps above to reconnect the account of your choice.