An opportunity type determines what kind of sales opportunity you are logging. There are two opportunity types available in the stock version of Method:
- New business: Business with a new customer or lead.
- Existing business: New business with an existing customer.
But the whole point of Method is to tailor your CRM experience to your business practices, so we’ve included an option to create a new opportunity type. The following steps will show you how to create and edit opportunity types:
Note: The add and edit screens are laid out the same way, so we will go through how to create a new type. You will need to go into an opportunity in order to manage an opportunity type.
Create / Edit an Opportunity Stage
1. From your Method dashboard click ⊕ New on your Opportunities App.
2. This opens your New Opportunity screen. In the Type dropdown, click New/Edit Opportunity Type.
3. This opens the Opportunity Type List. To edit an existing type, select it from the list. To create a new one, click ⊕ New Opportunity Type.
4. To edit an existing type, select it from the list. To create a new one, click New Opportunity Type.
5. Choose a name for your opportunity type.
Note: Method best practice says you should choose a name that reflects the kind of sales opportunity you’ll be applying it to (e.g. new overseas business, business for X department).
6. When you're done, click Save. This opportunity type is now available throughout Method.