Classes allow you to categorize your transactions. The following steps will show you how to create a new class in Method:CRM's Classes App:
1. From your Method:CRM dashboard, click ⊕ New on your Classes App, or click ⊕ New Class on your Classes List screen.
2. This opens the New / Edit Classes screen. Assign a unique and descriptive Name to your class.
3. When Class is Active is checked, it makes this class available in dropdowns throughout Method:CRM.
4. When Subclass Of? is checked, you can create a parent for this class.
5. The Parent dropdown only shows up if Subclass Of is checked. Assign a parent class, if applicable.
Note: Sub classes are typically used to categorize specific kinds of services or products. For example, a landscaping company may wish to differentiate between Maintenance and Installation under their Labor class.
5. Click Save. You are returned to your Classes List.
And you're done! You've successfully created a new class.