The Sales Taxes item allows you to apply tax to a total.
Note: This item is available in QuickBooks Desktop only.
To add this as an item, you will need to add a new item within the Items app, and choose Sales Tax.
If you do not see the Items app, you will need to get access permission for this app from your administrator. The Items app is found in the Accounting Lists Pack.
When you select Sales Tax, you'll be taken to the New Item Screen. The fields are described below.
- Name: The name of the tax you choose to apply (e.g. sales tax).
- Description: Add details about this item that aren’t covered by other fields on the screen by writing them down here.
- Tax rate (%): Apply your tax rate here (e.g. 15%) so Method:CRM can auto-calculate a total when it’s applied.
- Tax agency: This is the vendor to which you pay your sales tax. These options come from QuickBooks file and include a full list of your vendors.
- Active sales tax: Check this option to ensure this item appears in the "Active" filter view in the Items list, and so it will also appear in drop down lists throughout Method:CRM.
- Active Payment Item: Check this option to ensure it is a selectable Payment Item.
- Save & New: Saves the new or edited item and clears the fields above.
- Save & Back: Saves the new or edited item and returns to the previous screen.