The Web to Lead app manages all the web to lead forms in your Method account.
A web to lead form is a public webpage anyone on the internet can fill in. When a web to lead form is filled in, the following actions occur:
- A new lead is created in the Contacts App.
- A Sales Opportunity is created and associated with that lead.
- Two activities are created: One to log the web to lead form was submitted, and another to follow-up with the lead.
- Staff is notified via email so they can reach out to the lead; no more missed opportunities.
The Web to Lead app is part of the Sales Pipeline Pack. If you have permission to the Web to Lead app, you will see it on your dashboard:
On the app itself, you have
- ⊕ New - Let's you create a new web to lead form.
- # Responses - This snapshot shows you the number of submissions for all of your forms. Selecting it will take you to a listing of all the responses.
Web to Lead Form List
Selecting the Web To Lead app will take you to the Web to Lead Form List, a listing of all the web to lead forms in your account.
In the list, you can find out information for each form you have created.
- Name - The name given to the web to lead form.
- Description - The descriptive text given to the web to lead form.
- Assigned To - The Method user who will get the notifications for this form.
- Views - How many times the web to lead form has been viewed, whether directly or from an embed.
- Responses - How many times the web to lead form has been filled in and submitted.
- Conversion Rate - The number of views divided by the number of responses.
Selecting a row in the list will take you to the web to lead form so you can view / edit it, as well as see the same view and response stats.
From here, you can also select
- ⊕ New Form - This will take you to a screen to create a brand new web to lead form.
- Responses - This will take a screen showing all the submissions entered in for your web to lead forms.
Submissions by Form List
When you select the Responses snapshot on the Web to Lead app, or if you select the Responses button within the form listing, you will be taken to this screen which shows all the submissions entered into your web to lead forms.
Selecting a row will take you to the Sales Opportunity that was created as a result of filling in the form. All web to lead forms will be attached to an opportunity as part of the stock behavior.
Filling In The Web To Lead Form
The out-of-the-box web to lead form will collect the following fields:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Company Name
- Zip/Postal Code
- Notes - Comments left here will be placed in the activity.
When your lead clicks Submit, Method looks at the First Name, Last Name, and Email fields and searches for a match in the Contacts App using these same fields. One of two things happens then:
- If an exact match for the email field is found, Method cross-references the first and last names. If a match for the other two fields is found (e.g. Bob Crenshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org), Method assumes it’s the same lead and disregards the double entry.
- If the names match but the email doesn’t (e.g. Bob Crenshaw, email@example.com), Method assumes it’s a new lead with the same name. This means Method creates a new lead with the same name in your Contacts App (he will be listed as Bob Crenshaw(1) because the Entity field in QuickBooks requires a unique value).
Question: Can You Add/Modify Fields?
The fields for the web to lead form can be modified via customization. This is for those who are comfortable with customization, and is a bit complex due to the fact that all the web to lead forms use the only one screen as a public screen to pull in information. For further information, see our article "Customizing the Web to Lead App."