This article will show you how to resolve the Windows “No Disk” error that may pop up during a sync or PUSH in Method.
When installing and running the Method Sync Engine, some users have experienced an issue where a Windows error message will pop up continuously as shown in the below image.
The error message states:
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk
into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2
This will point either to a specific disk (ex. Harddisk2) or drive (ex. Drive F:\).
First, restart the computer.
On many occassions, a simple restart has resolved the error message.
If the message returns after a resart, you can try the steps below. The instructions will guide you through changing the drive letter of the disk referenced in the error.
To do this, you must open Disk Management in Windows and perform the following steps to change the drive letter:
- In Disk Management, find the drive letter or disk referenced in the error.
Note, if the error says HardDisk2 or Harddisk3, find Disk 2 or Disk 3.
- Right-click the disk and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
- Click the “Change” button in the dialog box.
- Click on the dropdown and select a new drive letter. We recommend changing this to a letter farther down in the alphabet.
- Click OK.
- Exit out of Disk Management.