The Date functions action allows you to do "date math" - for example, determining how many days separate two given dates.
In each function, there are parameters to specify the source of the date. Since this can be stored in a variety of different places within Method, a dropdown is provided to locate where the date is stored. This can range from a date being manually put in, to dates being stored in action results or controls on screen.
The result of the Date function can be stored in an action result or a control on screen. Unless otherwise specified, the returned date is formatted as M/D/YYYY H:MM:SS xM (e.g. 6/5/2017 9:00:00 am).
Function Returns: the date in the selected format.
- Using this date: the date to format
- Format The Date to: different date formats
- Look Like Store Result in: where to store the formatted date
Extract from date
Function Returns: an element of the date as specified from the function.
There are a number of functions where you can return a specific date element of a given date. This includes:
- Year: returns the full year
- Month: returns the month using one of four formats:Short (e.g.Jun), Long (e.g. June), MM (e.g. 06), M (e.g. 6)
- Day: returns the day using one of four formats:Short (e.g.Mon), Long (e.g. Monday), dd (e.g. 02), d (e.g. 2)
- Hour: returns the hour in 12 hour format or 24 hour format
- Minute: returns the minutes
- Day of Week: returns the day of the week (e.g. Monday)
- Day of Year: returns the numerical day of the year
- First Day of Month: returns the first day of month (e.g. 4/1/1988 12:00:00 AM)
- Last Day of Month: returns the last day of month (e.g. 4/30/1988 12:00:00 AM)
Other Date for Day
Function Returns: a date within a specified range of a given date
- Using this date: the original date
- Return This: find a day of the week after or before the original date
- Store Result in: where to store the resulting date
Add to date
Function Returns: a date with the added time
There are a number of functions where you can add a specific time to a given date. This includes:
- Add Years
- Add Months
- Add Days
- Add Hours
- Add Minutes
Function Returns: the difference between two dates
- Subtract This Date: the subtrahend of the subtraction.
- From This Date: the minuend of the subtraction.
- Calculate Difference In: the difference can be calculated in milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days and ticks.
Note: A single tick represents one hundred nanoseconds or one ten-millionth of a second. There are 10,000 ticks in a millisecond, or 10 million ticks in a second.
- Store Result in: where to store the difference.