This article will show you how to add a column to the item line grid in a transaction print template using the Web Report Designer.
Find the Transaction Template To Edit
In the following example, we are going to add another column containing the unit of measure field, to the invoice print template.
The first step is to find out which print template you are using. You can find this in the preferences screen of the transaction app itself.
1. Click the vertical ellipses [ ⋮ ] on the Invoices App and then click Preferences.
2. In the below example, you can see the template we are using is called Printable Invoice. Armed with that knowledge, we can open it in the web report designer.
3. Click the preferences icon in the upper-right corner and select Account Settings.
4. Scroll down and select Reports and Print Templates.
5. In our example, we will search for "Printable Invoice".
6. Since you are making changes to the template, it would be better if you created a duplicate of the template. Click the vertical ellipses [ ⋮ ] beside your selected print template and click Duplicate.
7. Change the name and description so you know not to confuse it with the other print template. When you are ready, click Launch Builder to start editing!
Customize the Transaction Template
The first thing you will need to do in the template is alter the size of the other fields on screen. The list of items is using a table object to display itself. You will need to insert cells into the table object to display the UOM field.
1. Click the DESCRIPTION object.
2. On the right, the DESCRIPTION object's properties appear. Under action, find the small icon and hover over it. It will show that it is the "Insert Column To the Right" action. Click this icon to insert a column.
2. A new tableCell## will appear. Double-click this table cell and rename it "UOM".
3. On either side of this new cell, you will see two little squares. By clicking and dragging these squares, you can resize the cell. Make it roughly the same size as the QTY cell.
4. Create two more cells on the [Item] line and the [Desc] line. Resize them, as well as clear their text.
5. Now you're ready to drag in your new field, but you need to find it first.
- select the database icon in the right menu
- expand the line with your Method account name [▾]
- expand the Invoice [▾] line
- expand InvoiceLine.Invoice [▾]
6. Scroll down and find the UnitOfMeasure field. Click and drag that...
7. ... into the cell you added earlier in the [Desc] row of the table.
8. Finally, at the top, Save and then Close the report.
Set the Transaction Template as Default Print Template
Now that you have created your new transaction template, you will need to go into your preferences again and set it as the print template.
1. Navigate to your Method Dashboard.
2. Click the vertical ellipses [ ⋮ ] on the Invoices App and then click Preferences.
3. For the Print Template, select your custom template you created.
4. Click Save & Back and you're done!
One final thing, aligning of text is a bit tricky when it comes to the web report designer. You may wish to view some example templates to ensure the text is in the place you want, and aligned properly.