All transaction print templates are created using the Web Report Designer. If you wish to make changes to any transaction pdf you send to your customer, you would have to do so in the Web Report Designer.
However, it is recommended you make a copy of the print template before you start editing it. This document will walk you through that process, using the Estimate transaction as an example.
Note: You need to be an Admin in order to access the Web Report Designer in your Method account.
Duplicate the Print Template
Before you can edit the print template, it will probably still be an older format that needs to be converted. Before you can make a copy, first convert the old template.
1. Select the circular preferences icon in the upper-right corner and then click Account Settings.
2. Scroll down and find and click Reports & Print Templates.
3. Search for the template to duplicate. In the below example, there are 3 estimate templates. If you aren't too sure which template to choose, look at a print template from a previous transaction.
4. Click the vertical ellipsis [⋮] beside the template you wish to copy, and then select Duplicate.
5. Once duplicated, you will be taken to a screen where you can edit the details about the report.
6. When you wish to edit the report itself, click Launch Builder, and you will be taken to the Web Report Designer. For more information on using the Web Report Designer, please see our articles on the help center.
Use your Custom Print Template
Once you have customized your transaction print template, you will want to use it in Method. To do that, you will need to change the default preferences for the transaction you modified. In the below instructions, we will continue to use the Estimate transaction as the example.
To change the default print template:
1. Select the vertical ellipsis [⋮] on your transaction app and select Preferences.
2. Under Print Template, choose your new custom print template.
And you're done! You have changed the print template for your transactions app.