In Method, you are able to add as many additional contacts as needed to your customers. The contacts created in Method will not be synced to QuickBooks.
Remember, a Contact is different from a Customer. You can view our article What is a Contact for more information.
There are two ways you can add an additional contact:
- Via the Dashboard
- Via the Existing Customer
Adding an Additional Contact via the Dashboard
1. Click ⊕ New on your Contacts App, or click ⊕ New Contact on your Contacts List.
2. This opens the New Contact screen. Select Add New Contact To, and in the dropdown, select an existing Customer, Customer Lead, or Vendor.
3. The fields themselves should be self explanatory. Fill out the information for the new contact.
4. Click Save to save your changes, or Save & New to save the current contact and clear the screen to enter another one.
This contact is now an additional contact for the customer you've assigned the contact to. The contact will appear in your Contacts List and will be listed under Other Contacts when viewing another contact related to the same Customer.
Adding an Additional Contact via the Customer
1. When viewing the customer, select the Other Contacts tab. If you do not see it, click the More ▼ link and it will be available in the dropdown.
2. Within the Other Contacts tab, select ⊕ New.
3. Fill out the information for the new contact. Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you are done.
Again, this contact is now an additional contact for the customer you've assigned the contact to. The contact will appear in your Contacts List and will be listed under Other Contacts when viewing.
In the image below, the new contact we added also has the original contact of the Customer under the Other Contacts tab.