QuickBooks Desktop uses Price Levels to allow you to charge different prices for items for certain customers.
NOTE: In QuickBooks Online, Price Levels are known as Price Rules. Unfortunately, Method:CRM does not support Price Rules on QuickBooks Online. Furthermore, Method:CRM does not support Advanced Pricing on QuickBooks Enterprise on desktop.
There are two types of price levels within QuickBooks Desktop:
- Fixed Percentage Price Level - A customer will have the price level applied to every item on a transaction.e.g. A 10% discount on all items.
- Per Item Price Level - A list of specific items can have a different price, and this list can be assigned to one or more customers.e.g. Service items are 15% off.
In both cases, QuickBooks will automatically respect the price level given to a customer whenever the transaction is created for a customer.
Can I create a Price Level in Method:CRM?
Price levels cannot be created within Method:CRM. That's a restriction QuickBooks has implemented.
However, if you create the price level in QuickBooks, you can set the price level for a customer in Method:CRM, as shown below.
Assign a Price Level to a Customer
Although you cannot create price levels within Method:CRM, you can assign a price level to a customer as long as the price level is first defined within Quickbooks.
1. Open the customer from the Contacts app.
2. Scroll down to Customer Details and click Edit [▾].
3. Near the bottom on the Edit Customer Details screen, you will find a dropdown for Price Levels. Select and choose which price level you would like to use.
4. Click Save to save the price level setting.
With the price level set, transactions for that customer will begin to respect the new pricing when line items are added.