Before you start sending emails to your customers and leads, you must create an Email Campaign in the Email Campaigns app.
This email campaign can be later associated to a lead, or an opportunity.
Create a New Campaign
1. Click ⊕ New on your Email Campaigns App.
2. This opens the Email Campaign screen. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Campaign Name: Give your campaign a descriptive and unique name (e.g. March fundraiser).
- Assigned To: Assign a Method:CRM user to the campaign. By default, the user signed in is selected.
- Status: Give the campaign a status. By default, the status is set to planned.
- Start and End Dates: Assign a start and end date for information purposes only. If you set the start date for the future, pressing Send Emails will still immediately send the emails regardless of this date.
- Description: Give context to your campaign.
- Step 1: Create Email Content: This will take you to another screen to create the email to send out.
- Step 2: Select Contacts to Email: This will take you to another screen to create the list of contacts you wish to send the email to.
- Attachments: These attachments will be included in the email you send out.
- Create activity for each contact after sending email: For every contact you send an email to, an activity will be created to indicate they were included in this email campaign.
- Comments: Comments for the activity created above.
- Schedule a follow-up activity: For every contact you send an email to, a follow-up activity will be created. Checking this box will let you set the parameters for the follow-up activity.
Email Campaign Buttons
When you are finished creating your campaign, there are a number of buttons.
- Delete: Delete the campaign.
- Duplicate: All information from the campaign, including email content and mail list, are duplicated. The campaign is given the title Copy of [Campaign Name] and can be edited.
- Save & Back: Save the campaign and go back to the previous screen. This does not send the emails.
- Send Test Emails: This will send test emails out.
- Send Emails: This will send out the email campaign to all the contacts selected in Step 2 above.
- Save: Save the campaign, but do not send out emails.