If you have to reinstall or you have cancelled your account, you will want to uninstall the Method Sync Engine.
1. Shutdown the Method Sync Engine
- Open QuickBooks.
- Bring up the Method Integration Sync Engine (right-click the Method icon in your taskbar and click Display).
- If the Method Integration Engine is not running, click Start > Programs > Method > Method Integration Engine for Use with QuickBooks.
- In the Method Integration Engine, click Disconnect.
- Click Synchronize > Real time QuickBooks Subscription > Remove Subscription.
- Click File > Shut Down.
2. Remove Permissions from QuickBooks Desktop
- In QuickBooks Desktop, click Edit > Preferences.
- Click Integrated Applications > Company Preferences > Method Integration Engine Listener > Remove > Yes.
- Click Method QuickBooks Desktop Integration Engine for use with QuickBooks > Remove > Yes > OK.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop by clicking File > Exit.
Once QuickBooks is closed, try to reopen it.
- If you receive the message to enable Method with QuickBooks again, click Cancel and continue with 3a. Uninstall Method Integration Engine Via Tool below.
- If you do not receive a prompt from QuickBooks asking for Method to connect, move to 3b. Uninstall Method Integration Engine Manually.
3a. Uninstall Method Integration Engine Via Tool
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to the file that Method is subscribed to.
- Download and run this (it is silent, doesn’t say anything after it is run)
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and Reopen.
3b. Uninstall Method Integration Engine Manually
- QuickBooks Desktop must be closed.
- Open My Computer and navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks
(If you are unable to locate this directory, use the Find tool on your computer to search for the file called “qbsubconfig.xml".)
- Delete the file called qbsubconfig.xml.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- In Windows, click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the Method Integration Engine.
- Remove the Method Integration Listener.
If you are removing the engine to reinstall Method, proceed to our QuickBooks Desktop Install article.