The Invoice Reports track invoice transactions in your account, allowing you to see an overview of all the invoices generated in a given time period.
There are two ways to get to the Invoice Reports:
- Click the vertical ellipses ( ⋮ ) on your Invoices App and choose Reports.
- In the Invoices List screen, click Reports at the top right of the screen.
This will take you to the Invoice Reports screen.
Invoice Chart Filtering
At the top of the screen, you can filter which invoices are included in the reports. There are subtle differences between QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) and QuickBooks Online (QBO). These will be noted.
Note for QuickBooks Desktop users. By default, only transactions from the last month are retained in Method:CRM (but are not deleted from QuickBooks). If you want Method:CRM to show a part or all of your invoices, please see our article "Why can't I see my past transactions?"
- Status - you can choose to have the reports display:
- All the invoices in Method:CRM
- only invoices that are Overdue
- only invoices that have been Paid
- Sales Rep (QBDT Only) - you can choose to have the reports display:
- Shared - all invoices in Method:CRM you have permission to see
- Specific Sales Rep - invoices belonging to a specific Sales Rep if you have permission to view their records
- Assigned To (QBO Only) - you can choose to have the reports display:
- Shared - all invoices you have permission to see
- Specific User - invoices belonging to a specific user if you have permission to view their records
- Range - from the dropdown, you can choose to have the reports display only invoices from a particular time period
Invoice Chart Types
There are a number of invoice related charts which you can view.
By clicking any bar in a chart, a list of invoices that make up that bar will appear in a grid at the bottom of the screen. From there, you can select a particular invoice to view it in more detail.
Here are the types of charts available. In all of these transactions, taxes are not included:
- Subtotal by Month - Amount of money generated in invoices that month
- Subtotal by Item - Amount of money in invoices grouped by item
- Item Quantity - How many of each item was invoiced
- Subtotal by Sales Rep (QBDT Only) - Amount of money in invoices grouped by Sales Rep
- Invoices by Sales Rep (QBDT Only) - How many invoices each Sales Rep was assigned to
- Subtotal by Assigned To (QBO Only) - Amount of money in invoices grouped by user
- Invoices by Assigned To (QBO Only) - How many invoices each user was assigned to
- Subtotal by Customer - Amount of money in invoices grouped by customer
- Invoices by Customer - How many times each customer was invoiced