The Sales Receipt Reports track sales receipt transactions in your account, allowing you to see an overview of all the sales receipts generated in a given time period.
There are two ways to get to the Sales Receipt Reports screen:
- Click the vertical ellipses ( ⋮ ) on your Sales Receipt App and choose Reports.
- In the Sales Receipts List screen, click Reports at the top right of the screen.
This will take you to the Sales Receipt Reports screen.
Sales Receipt Chart Filtering
At the top of the screen, you can filter which sales receipts are included in the reports. There are subtle differences between QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) and QuickBooks Online (QBO). These will be noted.
Note for QuickBooks Desktop users. By default, only transactions from the last month are retained in Method:CRM (but are not deleted from QuickBooks). If you want Method:CRM to show a part or all of your sales receipts, please see our article "Why can't I see my past transactions?"
- Sales Rep (QBDT Only) - you can choose to have the reports display:
- Shared - all sales receipts in Method:CRM you have permission to see
- Specific Sales Rep - sales receipts belonging to a specific Sales Rep if you have permission to view their records
- Assigned To (QBO Only) - you can choose to have the reports display:
- Shared - all sales receipts you have permission to see
- Specific User - sales receipts belonging to a specific user if you have permission to view their records
- Range - from the dropdown, you can choose to have the reports display only sales receipts from a particular time period
Sales Receipt Chart Types
There are a number of sales receipt related charts you can view.
By clicking any bar in any chart, a list of sales receipts that make up that bar will appear in a grid at the bottom of the screen. From there, you can select a particular sales receipt to view it in more detail.
Here are the types of charts available. In all of these transactions, taxes are not included:
- Subtotal by Month - Amount of money generated in sales receipts that month
- Subtotal by Item - Amount of money in sales receipts grouped by item
- Item Quantity - How many of each item was put on a sales receipt
- Subtotal by Sales Rep (QBDT Only) - Amount of money in sales receipts grouped by Sales Rep
- Sales Receipts by Sales Rep (QBDT Only) - How many sales receipts each Sales Rep was assigned to
- Subtotal by Assigned To (QBO Only) - Amount of money in sales receipts grouped by user
- Sales Receipts by Assigned To (QBO Only) - How many sales receipts each user was assigned to
- Subtotal by Customer - Amount of money in sales receipts grouped by customer
- Sales receipts by Customer - How many times each customer was was given a sales receipt