What do I do the first time I log onto InsynQ
1. Log into your InsynQ Virtual Desktop: refer to the InsynQ support page here for more information and extra help with setting up your InsynQ account.
2. Open QuickBooks to the correct QuickBooks file. When it asks you "Do you want to install this application" for the Method Integration Engine, click Install.
3. Check for the Method Integration Engine icon in your Windows system tray at the bottom-right corner of your screen. If it isn't visible, click the arrow icon in your taskbar next to the clock to display all of your icons, then locate and double-click on the Method:CRM icon to bring up the Method Integration Engine.
4. Enter your Method:CRM Company Account, email, and password, then click Connect. If you don’t remember your Method:CRM Company Account and Username, refer to the registration email you received.
Note: You will only need to enter this information the first time you log on to your QuickBooks file. The Method Integration Engine is smart enough to remember the information, so the next time you log on, it will automatically connect and perform a full sync!
5. When prompted by QuickBooks, click the ‘Yes; always…’ option, then click Continue. QuickBooks will prompt you twice, so make sure you use the same selection for each prompt.
6. Method:CRM then performs a full sync!
After the sync is complete, make sure your data has been transferred – you can do this by checking to see if all your customers are listed in Method:CRM. Just head over to the Contacts App!
Note: It's a good idea to keep the Method Integration Engine running on your computer at all times while QuickBooks is opened. To verify the engine is running, you'll see a small Method:CRM notification icon at the bottom of your screen. If your InsynQ session is inactive for any more than about 3 hours, you will be disconnected from InsynQ, and subsequently the Method Integration Engine will also disconnect.
Every time QuickBooks launches, I receive a request to install Method:CRM Integration. Is that normal?
Yes, that's normal for all shared InsynQ Desktop Accounts. Double-click the Method:CRM Icon from your Desktop or start menu and always click on Install for the first pop-up. This takes about 10 seconds, and you'll be prompted every time you open QuickBooks. InsynQ does offer another private cloud service, and if you have that service, the installation message will only appear during the initial setup.
Who do I contact if my internet does not work?
That's a job for your Internet Service Provider (ISP)! If your internet is working but you can't get onto InsynQ, drop InsynQ a line!
Who do I contact if transactions are not syncing between Method:CRM and QuickBooks?
Get in touch with the Support Team at Method:CRM for more assistance.
Can I leave my QB open 24/7, even when I’m not on InsynQ?
No, your terminal server session will be disconnected if you leave it inactive for approximately 3 hours.
Do I sign up for my InsynQ account through Method:CRM or through InsynQ
You need to contact InsynQ to set up an InsynQ account. If you intend to use Method:CRM Integration on InsynQ, let them know.
How do I log on to InsynQ and what are the system requirements?
Please refer to the InsynQ support and FAQ right here.
What happens if I decide to leave InsynQ for another hosted solution or having it local on my computer? Are there any special steps that need to be followed?
If you switch to a different QuickBooks file, you will need to get a new Method:CRM account. If you will be using the same QuickBooks file, you will have to perform a full sync once QuickBooks is set up on the new location.
I have set up my QuickBooks on InsynQ, but I still want to be able to log onto my QuickBooks file stored locally on my computer in my office/at home. What happens in this situation?
Doing this would result in you writing to two different QuickBooks files, each stored in different locations. Since that kind of defeats the purpose, we don't let you do it!