The Cases App allows you to create reports that display case information based on a variety of metrics. The following steps will show you how to generate these reports, as well as provide details about your report types.
Create a case report
1. On your Method:CRM dashboard, click the ellipsis button ( ⋮ ) on your Cases App and select Reports.
2. This opens your Case Reports screen.
There are two types of reports you can view.
- Charts - These charts are dynamic and viewable via the browser.
- Print Reports - These reports give a detailed overview of your cases and can be downloaded as pdfs or exported to Excel.
When you select Charts for the type of Case Report, there are different charts that will show based on the Case Status Filter you choose.
At the top, you can choose which cases to be included in the charts. The first allows you to filter by three Case Statuses:
- All Cases: When selected, the charts shown will be
- All Cases by Method:CRM User
- All Cases by Case Type
- All Cases by Status
- Open Cases: When selected, the charts shown will be
- Open Cases by Method:CRM User
- Open Cases by Case Type
- Open Cases by Priority
- Closed Cases: When selected, the charts shown will be
- Closed Cases By User
- Closed Cases by Reason
- Closed Cases by Origin
You can further filter which is shown in the charts by User and Date Range:
- Shared User: Include cases by all users who have set their permissions to share openly.
- Specific User: Include cases of only one specified user.
- Range: Include cases within a specific date range.
Instead of the charts, you can choose to create printable, detailed pdf forms by selecting Print Reports. This allows you to generate a variety of reports based on different metrics.
Underneath the report type, you can select different filters: which cases will be included in the report based on different parameters.
- Case Status: You can filter which cases show up in the report based on whether or not the case is open, closed, or both (All).
- User: You can filter which cases show up in the report based on the Method:CRM User assigned to the case. You can choose either to filter by one user or all users (respecting share permissions).
- Range: You can filter which cases show up in the report based on a date range.
Below that you can you choose between five different reports:
- Case List: Display all cases as defined by the filter views.
- Case List by User: Display all cases sorted by the Method:CRM user it is assigned to.
- Case List by Contact: Display all cases sorted by the contact who has the problem.
- Case List by Status: Display all cases sorted by its status. The current stock statuses are In Progress, Escalated, On Hold, and Closed.
- Case List with Activity Details: Displays each case with a breakdown of all associated activities.
At the bottom, you can select how you wish to receive the report.
- Print Preview: This will generate a PDF form which you can download and print. If you click this button and nothing happens, make sure your browser doesn't block the pop-up.
- Export to Excel: This will download an .xls file which you can open in Excel.