Some Method:CRM users may have their email set up through Microsoft Exchange Online. Depending on your email server setup, their setup instructions may not initially work with Method:CRM’s default email server setup. Please refer to the solution below!
Note: These instructions may vary depending on your setup. They are provided as a means to help troubleshoot.
This solution involves a server in the format:
Setting up your Exchange Online
1. Go into Office 365 and select the Exchange Admin Center.
2. Once there, select Mail flow > Rules.
Note: If you do not see the Rules section, you will need to contact Microsoft to upgrade your account.
3. Under Rules, create a new rule by clicking the plus icon.
4. Give your rule a name, then click More options.
5. Under Apply this rule if, select The sender, then choose IP address is in any of these ranges or exactly matches.
6. Add the following IP addresses:
7. Under Do the following, set the action by choosing Modify the message properties.
8. Under Set the spam confidence level (SCL), select Bypass spam filtering, then click OK.
9. Click Save to save the rule. It will now appear in your list of rules.
After you create and enforce the rule, spam filtering is bypassed for the IP address range you specified!
Setting your Method:CRM Default Email Preferences
To set your Method:CRM Default Email Preferences, navigate to Preferences > Email and uncheck Use company email settings. You will see these fields appear:
Fill in the following information:
- Email Server: your Exchange server (smtp.office365.com)
- Email User Name: your email address associated with your Office 365 account
- Password: your email password associated with your Office 365 account
- Port: 25
- Use SSL: Yes
Allow Method to access your Microsoft Account
There is one further step you must do:
Once complete, your email server should be set up.