When your team is out in the field, they can use the Field Crew app to view and edit work orders.
Starting a work order will create a time tracking entry in the Time Tracking App. These entries will sync to QuickBooks.
Note: In order to track time, the user must be set up properly in their user settings. For more information, please see the article "Set Up a User For Time Tracking".
Start a Work Order and Track Time
1. Select a work order from the list of work orders in the Field Crew app.
2. You will be taken to the work order. Click Start Timer.
3. This will start a new time entry related to this work order's service item as well as set the work order's status to In Progress. The button will also changes to display Complete. When you have finished, click the complete button.
3. Once you click the Complete button, the Status of the work order changes to "Completed". The button will change to Restart.
Your work order is now complete. If you need to restart it for any reason, click the Restart button.
If you wish to edit the time tracking entry created via this work order, you can do so in the Time Tracking App.
NOTE: If the work order does not go as planned, make sure to leave a Field Crew Note for your dispatcher. Still mark it as Completed to see it drop off from 'My Open Work Orders' list of the day.
Only One Work Order Can Be In Progress
Only one work order can be in progress for work orders that have the same:
- Current Date
- Assigned to
If you were to click Start on a new work order while another work order with the above conditions is In Progress, then
- Other work orders will have their status changed to Completed.
- Their time tracking entries will be closed with their proper calculated duration.
This is intended to clean up the day's route.
Again, this does not close work orders that belong to other users, nor does it close work orders scheduled for another date. So if you were to start a work order that was scheduled for tomorrow, it will not complete other work orders that were scheduled the day before or earlier.
You will be notified by a confirmation message warning you that other work orders will be marked as Completed: