Below, we'll explain the different sections and fields of the work order. When your team is out in the field, they can use the Field Crew app to view and edit work orders that were entered in using the Work Orders app by your dispatcher.
The Field Crew app is optimized to work best on a mobile device, as shown in the below image:
Below, we'll explain the different sections and fields of the work order.
Work Order Header
- Due Date Start / End
- Status - Status of the work order
- Job Name - Name of the work order
- Contact / Customer - Click to view the contact in the Contacts App.
- Call Customer - Click to phone the customer.
- Navigate to Location - Click to bring up the location in a map to navigate to.
Start Button Details
This button will either say:
- Start - If the user is not set up to track time, pressing this button will set the work order's status to
- Start Timer - If the user is set up to track time, then pressing the button will create a time tracking entry for the user. The work order's status will also change to
For more information, please see our articles:
Capture Live Signature
While on job, you can capture a live signature from your customer to validate they received the service your team provided.
When you click Capture Live Signature, you will be taken to a new screen which will show:
- the details of the work order
- the amount owing for the work order
- a checkbox to accept the terms and conditions of the work order
- a clickable box to Add a signature.
Clicking Add a signature brings up a pop-up which allows the customer to either type in a name, or draw the signature.
When added, they can accept the signature.
Accepting the signature will take you back to the original screen of the work order. Attached to it will be the signature along with date and a unique ID. You can View the signed document at any time.
Work Order Details
- Instructions - Any notes entered in by the dispatcher for the team in the field.
- Job Items - A list of items added in for the work order. The field crew can also add additional items if need be.
- Field Crew Note - Any notes kept by the field crew. This will automatically be saved when edited.
- Attachments - Any attachments included for the work order.
Below the attachments field, you can expand two other sections to get further details:
- Contact Details - Phone, Mobile Phone, and email for contact.
- More Info - Work Order Number, Method User owner, and the created date of the work order.