Below are the recommended email server settings (SMTP mail server) for Yahoo users.
Generate an App Password in Yahoo
- Sign in and go to your Account security page.
- Click Generate app password or Manage app passwords.
- Select “Other“ from the drop down menu and click Generate.
- Copy the password and save it somewhere.
- Click Done.
With this new app password generated, you can now add set up the email server in Method:CRM.
Setup Yahoo Server in Method:CRM
- Email Server if using Yahoo!: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Email Server if using Yahoo! Plus: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Email User Name: typically your full email address.
- Email Password: the password generated in the previous section.
- Port: 465 or 587
- Use SSL: Ensure SSL is checked. This is a security feature common for email servers.
Click Test Company Email Server Settings and wait for on-screen confirmation.