The Test Drive function allows you to preview what your public donation page and thank you page looks like to your donors once you have completed all the previous setup steps detailed in this section. It's a good idea to preview these pages before you make the link to your donation page available to the general public.
It is recommended that you complete the following prior to test driving your pages:
- Personalize your public donation page
- Accept donations
- Automate thank you and receipt email
- Set up internal notifications
You may also wish to disable payments on the live page to test the pages without using real payments.
You can access the Test Drive page either from the Donor Pages Setup, or selecting the Test Drive snapshot on the Donor Pages App itself.
Doing so will take you to the Test Drive page, which allows you to test the Donate Now page and the Thank You page.
Go to Donate Now Page
When you select Go to Donate Now page, you will be taken to the page as a potential donor will see it.
- Select an item*: Only displayed if you gave the donor multiple donation items to choose from within the Accept Donations section of the setup.
- Donation amount*: appears for all donors. Donation items can be assigned a default amount (e.g. a suggested donation) but the donor can change this manually on the screen.
- Select a cause*: Only displayed if you gave the donor multiple programs (or classes) to choose from within the Accept Donations section of the setup.
- If you selected to display Dedication as, the donor can select In Honor, In Memory, or None.
- Message allows the donor to include a personalized message that appears in the Notes section of the donation record in the Donations App.
- All personal donor information fields are required.
NOTE: If first name, last name, and email exist is an exact match for a donor, Method assumes it’s a returning donor and adds the sales receipt to the existing customer.
If the names match but the email doesn’t, Method creates a new donor with the same name in the Contacts App. In QuickBooks this donor will appear with a (2) appended. If the “new” donor is the same individual using a different email address, you can manually merge those two records together in QuickBooks.
- If the donation is marked as a corporate donation, the donor is prompted to include a company name, which is included in both the Method and QuickBooks records for this donor.
- A donor can also choose to remain anonymous, which is noted in the logged donation. When donation reports are created for multiple donors, this donor's total is attributed to "Anonymous".
- In the above image, payments have been enabled so Payment Method is displayed. If you have disabled payments, remember to enable them before you send your public link to donors. You can do so in the Accept Donations section of the setup.
- Note: Method does not save your credit card information.
- When the donor clicks Donate, the automated emails and internal notifications you've set up are sent, and the donor is redirected to the Thank You page.
Thank You Page
The Thank You page can be viewed either by Test Driving the Donate Now page (by clicking Donate) or by selecting it from the Test Drive menu above.
If a donor's credit card payment is not accepted for some reason, they will be notified by PayPal and will not be redirected to the Thank You page.