QuickBooks Desktop users will have the Method Sync Engine installed on their QuickBooks computer to facilitate the two-way sync between Method and QuickBooks.
In order for this to work, the Method Sync Engine needs to be authenticated to connect with Method. This can be done in two ways:
Using your Method:CRM account name, email, and password.
Using an Authorization code.
Authenticating with an Authorization code provides a secure way to connect Method to a trusted machine installed with the Method Sync Engine, without the need for account, email, or password.
In this article:
Find your current Authentication Code
To find your Authentication Code:
1. Log in to Method:CRM.
2. Click the user preferences icon in the upper right hand corner and select Integrations.
3. Select Authorization Codes:
4. Click the QBDT Sync for your user and email. (If this list is empty, you can proceed to the next section to generate a new authorization code.)
5. Copy the 32 character alphanumerical code that is displayed:
You can now paste this authorization code into the Method Sync Engine, as shown below.
Generate an Authorization Code
If you do not have an Authorization code, you can generate one.
1. Do steps 1 and 2 above to get into the Integrations menu.
2. Click QuickBook Sync Settings.
3. Click TroubleShooting.
4. Scroll to the bottom and click the link Instructions to setup sync on a new desktop.
5. Under the second step, click Generate an authentication code. This will generate an authentication code for you and copy it into your clipboard.
You can now paste this authorization code into the Method Sync Engine as shown in the next section.
Enter an Authorization Code
Once you have your Authorization Code and copied it into you clipboard, you will need to put it into the Method Sync Engine.
1. Go to your QuickBooks Desktop machine which has the Method Sync Engine installed.
2. Launch the Method Sync Engine. If it's already running, find the Method Logo in your task bar, right-click it, and select Display.
3. On the Method Sync Engine, select Help, and then Enter Authorization Code:
4. In the dialog box that pops up, click Paste to enter the Authorization Code:
5. When you hit Save, the account, email, and password will be filled in:
6. Click Connect to QuickBooks to start the Method Sync Engine.
Revoke an Authorization Code
If you do not wish to use an authorization code, you can revoke it to ensure no one else can use it.
Follow steps 1 to 3 above in Find an Existing Authorization code.
After you select an Authorization Code from the list, click Revoke.