A grid object will display the records of a table in a list.
There are a number of settings that allow you to change the functionality of a grid, from changing columns to adding row click events that access other screens.
By selecting the grid control, its properties will appear in the right panel where you can edit them.
Grid Object Properties
When you select the DateTime Picker object, you can configure its settings, columns, filter views, styles, and events.
- Caption: The caption is text normally displayed to prompt the user what to input. Also used to uniquely identify the object within actions.
- Hide Caption: If you’re just labeling the control for your own information but don’t want the text to show in the live screen, check this box.
- Load State: The initial state when the screen loads.
- Base Table: Set which table the grid will show records for.
- Rows Per Page: How many rows are shown per page.
- Hide Paging: Hide the paging navigation at the bottom of the grid.
- Hide Settings: Hide the little gear that opens up settings of the grid.
- Hide Export: Hide the little cloud which can export the grid to a CSV file.
- Hide Send to MailChimp: This only appears if the base table is Contacts. Checking this hides the Send to MailChimp icon which appears in the Export icon.
- Hide Go To Page: Hide the input box that allows a user to jump multiple pages in the grid. This won't appear for grids with a small number of pages.
- Hide Results Page Selector: Hide the dropdown that allows a user to choose how many records to show on one page.
- Columns: Open up Columns Properties Window to configure columns in the grid. The number in brackets shows the number of columns.
- Has a Checkbox Column: Creates a checkbox column that allows you to select multiple rows in a grid.
- Hide Column Headers: Hide the column headers if you don’t want them visible on the live screen.
FILTERS & VIEWS
- Grid Views: Grid views are also known as View Filters. The number in brackets shows how many filter views have been defined. Selecting this will open a new screen where you can define your grid vies. They allow you to:
- Limit the information users can see on the grid.
- Sort the order of the records in that view.
- Hide View Selector: If views are defined, hide the view selector
- Hide Search: Don’t display the search bar. This also hides the Advanced Search.
- Hide Advanced Search: Hide the Advanced Search, but not the regular search bar.
- Search Fields: Searches look through the fields added to your grid. Selecting this will open a dialog box where you can add more fields to search through. The fields defined here will not show on the grid.
- Caption color/size/text alignment: Choose the color, size, and alignment of the text in your caption.
ACTIONS / EVENTS
- Load: Event triggers when the grid first appears on the screen. Use this event if you need to initialize anything before a user sees the grid.
- Row Click: Event triggers when a user clicks a specific row. Also, when the row is clicked, the data from the row is available within the actions.