A grid object will display the records of a table in a list.
There are a number of settings that allow you to change the functionality of a grid, from changing columns to adding row click events that access other screens.
By selecting the grid control, its properties will appear in the right panel where you can edit them.
- Caption: The caption is text normally displayed to prompt the user what to input. Also used to uniquely identify the object within actions.
- Hide Caption: If you’re just labeling the control for your own information but don’t want the text to show in the live screen, check this box.
- Load State: The initial state when the screen loads.
- Base Table: Set which table the grid will show records for.
- Rows Per Page: How many rows are shown per page.
- Hide Paging: Hide the paging navigation at the bottom of the grid.
- Hide Settings: Hide the little gear that opens up settings of the grid.
- Hide Export: Hide the little cloud which can export the grid to a CSV file.
- Hide Send to MailChimp: This only appears if the base table is Contacts. Checking this hides the Send to MailChimp icon which appears in the Export icon.
- Hide Go To Page: Hide the input box that allows a user to jump multiple pages in the grid. This won't appear for grids with a small number of pages.
- Hide Results Page Selector: Hide the dropdown that allows a user to choose how many records to show on one page.
- Columns: Open up Columns Properties Window to configure columns in the grid. The number in brackets shows the number of columns.
- Has a Checkbox Column: Creates a checkbox column that allows you to select multiple rows in a grid.
- Hide Column Headers: Hide the column headers if you don’t want them visible on the live screen.
- Grid Views: Grid views are also known as View Filters. The number in brackets shows how many filter views have been defined. Selecting this will open a new screen where you can define your grid vies. They allow you to:
- Limit the information users can see on the grid.
- Sort the order of the records in that view.
- Hide View Selector: If views are defined, hide the view selector
- Hide Search: Don’t display the search bar. This also hides the Advanced Search.
- Hide Advanced Search: Hide the Advanced Search, but not the regular search bar.
- Search Fields: Searches look through the fields added to your grid. Selecting this will open a dialog box where you can add more fields to search through. The fields defined ehre will not show on the grid.
- Caption color/size/text alignment: Choose the color, size, and alignment of the text in your caption.
Actions / Events
- Load: Event triggers when the grid first appears on the screen. Use this event if you need to initialize anything before a user sees the grid.
- Row Click: Event triggers when a user clicks a specific row. Also, when the row is clicked, the data from the row is available within the actions.