The Retrieve Values from Table action will pull values from one record in a specified table.
- Select a Table: table to retrieve values from.
- Where: You will need a Record ID to identify which record you wish to get the values from. Select which record to retrieve using the Criteria Builder
If multiple results: Normally, you would retrieve field values of only one record. However, there are cases where more than one record matches your criteria.
- First: Only pull in values of the first record.
- Last: Only pull in values from the last record.
- Minimum: Return the minimum numerical value of specified retrieved field.
- Maximum: Return the maximum numerical value of specified retrieved field.
- Sum: Return the sum of all the values of specified retrieved field.
- Avg: Return the average of all the values of specified retrieved field.
- Count: Count all the records of with any entry in specified retrieved field.
- Field(s) to Retrieve: add any number of fields from a record and select where you wish to place the values (whether it be in an action result or a screen control).
Note, when Sum, Avg, or Count is chosen, then the returned value will be the numerical result as returned by those functions. It is best to use the Record ID for the field to retrieve in these cases.
In the below example, we are retrieving the name of the current user signed into the Method account. The name is place into the action result "arUserName."
In the below example, we are retrieving the number of customers who have a positive balance greater than 0 and placing the number in the action result "arCustomerCount."