The Retrieve Values from Table action will pull values from one record in a specified table.
▶ Select a Table: table to retrieve values from.
▶ Where: You will need a Record ID to identify which record you wish to get the values from. Select which record to retrieve using the Criteria Builder
▶ If multiple results: Normally, you would retrieve field values of only one record. However, there are cases where more than one record matches your criteria.
- First: Only pull in values of the first record.
- Last: Only pull in values from the last record.
- Minimum: Return the minimum numerical value of specified retrieved field.
- Maximum: Return the maximum numerical value of specified retrieved field.
Note that the following options will not return the value of the field itself, but return a specific numerical value depending on what is asked for.
- Sum: Return the sum of all the values of specified retrieved field.
- Avg: Return the average of all the values of specified retrieved field.
- Count: Return the count of all the records specified by the criteria. In this case, the value in the retrieved field is ignored. Note that you cannot retrieve multiple counts. You can only retrieve a single count.
▶ Field(s) to Retrieve: add any number of fields from a record and select where you wish to place the values (whether it be in an action result or a screen control).
In the below example, we are retrieving the name of the current user signed into the Method account. The name is placed into the action result "arUserName."
In the below example, we are retrieving the number of customers who have a positive balance greater than 0 and placing the number in the action result "arCustomerCount." In this situation, select RecordID for Field(s) to retrieve.