An action is precipitated by an event, which is something a user does (clicking on a button, loading a screen, etc. – you can find more information in our List of Events).
There are a variety of different actions, each of which has its own document in this section. For more information about actions, see our article on Actions.
- Assign Value To Action Result - sets the value of an action result variable which can be used later within the same control.
- Assign Value To Shared Result - sets the value of a shared result variable which can be used later and is not restricted to the same control.
- Character Functions - provides a number of different functions to apply to text values. Also allows to replace merge fields and search through JSON.
- Date Functions - provides a number of different functions to apply to date values.
- Math Functions - provides a number of different math functions to apply to numeric values.
- Delete Records From Table - Deletes specific records from a table based on the given criteria.
- Insert Records Into Table - Enter in a brand new record with the given field values into a table.
- Loop Through Table - Process actions against specific records within a table based on the given criteria.
- Retrieve Values From Table - Pull field values from a specific record within a table based on the given criteria.
- Update Fields In Table - Updates the field values of one or more records within a table based on a the given criteria.
- Loop Through Grid - Process actions against specific records listed in a grid.
- Generate Report - Generates a report based on specified filter criteria.
- Clear Screen For New Entry - Prepares the screen for the entry of a new record
- Enable/Disable Controls - Enables or Disables Controls on Screen.
- Expand/Collapse Section - Expand or collapse a section on screen.
- Go To Screen - Navigates the user to the specified screen.
- Go To Web Page - Replace the current screen or launch a new web browser window with a specified URL.
- Prepare For Accounting - Performs accounting calculations, and optionally attempts to sync the record to your accounting software.
- Refresh Control - Refresh the specified control to reflect any recent changes.
- Retrieve Exchange Rate - Retrieve the exchange rate in QuickBooks Online multi-currency accounts only.
- Save All - Saves all the values in all the sections on the screen.
- Set Active Record ID For Screen - Sets the screen's active record.
- Set Focus To Control - Navigates the user to a specified field on the screen.
- Set View Filter - Sets the view filter for selected control (usually grids).
- Show Message - Shows a popup message to your users.
- Show Right Panel - Display content in the right panel to accomplish a task without navigating away from the current screen.
- Show/Hide Controls - Shows or hides controls on screen.
- Update Controls On Screen - Enters the specified value into the specified field or object.
- Update Editable Grid Read Only Property - Enable and disable editing of an editable grid object.
- Validate Controls on Screen - Validates the field validation rules given to controls on the screen.
- Add Attachment To Record ID - Add an attachment to an existing Record ID.
- Loop Through Attachments - Loop through attachments for a given Record ID
- Calculate Currency Conversion - For multi-currency accounts, convert a value to or from the company's home currency.
- Call Routine - Calls an action set from another control.
- Call Web Service - Use REST or SOAP to make web service calls.
- Check Permission - Checks if a user has permission to the specified app.
- Conditional Statement - Create an 'if/else' statement.
- Create Short Method URL - Provides you with an Action Result that contains the URL of a unique link you can provide to customers.
- Credit Card Processing - Performs accounting calculations, and optionally attempts to sync the record to your accounting software.
- Mapping Functions - Map out one or more addresses on a Method screen or the user's available mapping app.
- Merge Entities/Contacts - Merge two contacts or customers, leads, or vendors together.
- Process Payment - Launches the payments pop-up and allows processing payments using stored payment information.
- Retrieve Value From Email Gadget - Retrieves a value from the currently open third party email. Useable only with the gadget.
- Send Email - Sends an email to the specified recipient.
- Stop Processing More Actions - This action stops the current action set and cancels all remaining actions within the same control.