We've updated the way customers can sign into their contacts portal, making it secure for your customers and easier to manage for you.
- Create your own url to put on your website or share with customers. You no longer need to generate a unique url for each customer.
- Brand the portal with your own logo.
- It's easily managed. Any contact with an email address can log in.
- Transaction email notifications sent to your customers will link to new portal.
- The portal is secure; it requires an authentication code to log in.
- Password-less authentication - no more headache having to remember passwords for portal users. Securely sign in with email code.
- Customers who log in will be authenticated for 30 days if they use the same browser. If they change browsers or machines, they will need to re-authenticate.
- In application login popups within the portal.
- Auto-login for users already authenticated that close and reopen browser or access the portal sign in page.
- Easier, centralized portal navigation management.
- New Portals no longer reload the navigation when moving from page to page, smoother experience.
- Easy mobile sign in with email link.
- Improved mobile navigation experience.
- Improved speed in new portals.
- Better error messaging for clients.
Turning On the Portal (Beta)
Navigate to Account Settings > Portal (Beta).
Note: If this option is not available in your Account Settings, please contact our support staff.
This will take you to the Portal configuration page.
By checking this checkbox, you will enable the new sign in portal for your account. There will also be a number of options to configure.
The Screens and Navigation do not need to be configured and you can stick with their default configuration. However, if you wish to brand your portal, click Edit Sign In and continue below.
Configuring Portal Sign In
This screen allows you to set up the URL and the look of the portal for your customers.
- Portal Status - Set your portal to etiher Online or Offline. When set to offline, the link will inform the user the portal is inactive.
- Portal URL - Configure the URL for your portal. If the portal name is in use, you will be informed when you try to save. Click the copy link to copy the portal URL to your clipboard.
- Company Name - The text here will show in the header of the portal.
- Portal Contact Email Address - Set an email the user can click to contact you.
- Portal Logo - This logo appears above the portal as shown in the image at the top of this article.
Once you are happy with the settings, click the Save button.
You and your customers are now ready to use the new sign in for the portal! In order to log in, a contact must exist in your Method account with an email.
Read on only if you wish to learn more about the other configuration screens, but your portal is ready now. Please contact our support team if you have any questions.
Configuring Portal Screens
Selecting Screens will show you all the screens accessible by the customer through the portal. You can also see the status of whether or not a Sign In is required for each. By default, every screen requires the customer to be authenticated before viewing a page.
You can, however, make a screen available to your customer without first signing in. If you select a screen, it will take you to the security settings for that screen.
By checking Allow guests to view screen without signing in, the screen you selected will now be open without authentication.
Configuring Portal Navigation
If you are familiar with the Portal Navigation Object used when customizing, this pop up will be familiar to you.
You can create other navigation menus or edit the current Contacts Portal navigation. For more information on configuration, please see our article Portal Navigation Object.