When printing out a transaction template (whether it be an invoice, estimate, sales receipt, etc), you may wish to resize or move the logo.
In the below example, my Method:CRM logo is not placed correctly:
In order to fix this, you will need to use one of two Report Designers:
- Web Report Designer - This report designer is available to everyone, and all editing is done within the web browser
- Old Report Designer - This is only available to Windows user, and is deprecated. Use only if you are familiar with it. If you wish to continue with this, please see the article, "How to Size and Line Up Your Logo in Report Designer."
This article will detail how to change the logo using the Web Report Designer.
Note that this process must be done for every transaction you'd like to change the logo in. If you change the Estimate Template, you will need to do the same for the Invoice Template, the Sales Order Template, the Sales Receipt Template, etc.
Step 1: Find the Right Template
QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online have different names for the template, and as they get updated, these names will change.
To find the template name, find an existing transaction from Method and print it. In the below example, I'm viewing an invoice pdf:
The file name is invoice qbo (product)v2 followed by a dash and some alpha numeric characters. All we need to know is that first part, and that is the name of the template.
Step 2: Convert the Template
The template must first be converted to work with the Web Report Designer. This step may already be complete, it depends on whether or not someone has already converted it.
1. Select the circular Preferences icon in the upper right corner and click Account Settings.
2. Click Reports & Print Templates (Beta).
3. If the list is empty, or the template name is not in the list, then click the button Select Templates to Convert.
4. Check the template you wish to convert. Click Convert Templates.
5. Once converted, the template should show up in the Reports & Print Templates list.
6. Select the template in the grid list, to see an overview of the newly converted report.
7. Click the button Copy to make a copy of the report.
8. Give your new transaction template a new Name, and then click Launch Builder.
This will take you to the web report designer.
Step 3. Resize Your Logo
Within Method, you can upload a logo in your display preferences to be used on print templates, customer portals, etc.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to see the logo during editing. It only shows when you do a preview. In this step, we will force the logo to fit the size of the frame it's in. This will allow you to resize the logo by adjusting the size of this frame.
1. In the upper-right of the report is a box with a little picture icon. This is your logo, so select it.
2. The right panel will change to show xrPictureBox1 (Picture Box) under Properties. This means you will be able to change the properties of the picture box. Click the magnifying glass to enable the search.
3. In the search, type in "sizing" and press enter. This will bring up the property we need to change for the logo. In the below image, I've collapsed the Actions section to highlight the Behavior section. At the moment, the Sizing property is set to "Normal".
4. Change the Sizing property to Zoom Image.
5. Now click the preview icon on the top menu bar to see what the report looks like.
This will bring up a preview of the report. The logo should be quite large now.
If you are happy with the size, you can save the report. However, if you wish to resize it, continue on.
6. Click the Designer icon to return to the designer.
7. Select the image box, and resize it to the size you want.
8. Preview the image to see if the logo is the size you want.
9. Click the Save button at the top right of the screen.
You're done resizing your logo. Repeat this process for other transactions you need to change.