The Process Payment Action launches our new PCI Compliant Payments pop-up to allow you or your customer to make a payment with Credit Card or ACH (only on Authorize.NET for now).
There are two types of actions you can select for this:
- Charge - Processes a payment for the selected amount.
- Pre-Authorization - Save payment details for future use (processes a $1 dollar hold to verify the CC/Account).
This article will discuss the Pre-Authorization action.
This allows the user to enter payment details for the purpose of changing the customer's information.
It will process a dollar to the account to verify the connection works.
- Entity RecordID to Save Details - The Record ID of the Entity (customer/vendor) whose payment details you wish to save.
- Amount - This is automatically set to a dollar and cannot be changed. You can select the currency type.
The payment gateway will return values after trying to process authorization.
- Gateway Response - The message returned after the gateway has processed the request.
- Processed Successfully - A True or False value depending on whether the process was successful.
- Reference Number - A reference number is only provided during a successful transaction.