If your Method account is properly set up for Time Tracking Approval, a user with approval permissions can approve time tracking entries.
An approver can approve one time tracking entry, or they can approve multiple entries at once.
NOTE: For an example of entering a Time Tracking entry, see the article Track Time on Work Orders in the Field.
Approve a Time Tracking Entry
1. Within the Time Tracking app, change the filter view to Shared Unapproved Time to see all the time entries that require approval.
2. Select an entry and it will show Unapproved at the top. To approve it, click the Approve button at the bottom of the screen.
3. You will be prompted to confirm your action, for this will sync the time tracking to QuickBooks. Click the Yes button to proceed.
4. This will sync the entry to QuickBooks and you will be taken back to the list of time tracking entries. If you were to view this entry again, it will state that it has been approved.
NOTE: You cannot undo an approval. Once the time tracking entry has been approved, it will sync to QuickBooks.
Approve multiple Time Tracking Entries
1. As above, within the Time Tracking app, change the filter view to Shared Unapproved Time to see all the time entries that require approval.
2. On the left of the grid, select one or more time tracking entries you wish to approve.
3. Below the grid on the right, click the Approve Selected button.
4. A prompt will come up, showing the number of entries that will be approved, and the total number of hours. Click OK to accept this.
The entries will be approved and synced to QuickBooks.