Method has the ability to restrict a user from seeing another user's records. This may be needed if you wish to restrict Sales Reps from seeing each other's customers and transactions, for example.
This is accomplished with account permissions which is found when editing a user's settings.
NOTE: Editing a user's settings requires administrative access. However, any user can manage their own settings.
In order for this to work, you will need to do this process to every Method user on the account, including the Method Support user.
How to edit a user's settings
1. Click the upper-right blue circle icon and then click Account Settings.
2. Click Users.
3. Select the user you wish to update and click on their name.
4. Scroll down to Account Permissions.
Share All Records for grids: Allows the user to see records assigned to other users. When a user is viewing a grid, they will be able to see shared records (e.g. shared contacts, shared invoices).
If you uncheck Share All Records for grids then you will need to choose records the user is allowed to see.
- Empty Records: Some records are not assigned to Method Users. Checking this will allow the selected user to see all records which have no user assignment
- Missing Assignments: QuickBooks Desktop has sales reps. Some sales reps are linked to a Method User but this is optional. When this is checked, the selected user can see records assigned to sales reps that are not linked to a Method user.
- Peer to Peer access: Selected user will see the records assigned to checked user(s) in the grid.
If you want to restrict other users from seeing the current user's records, you will need to go into each of their settings, uncheck Share all Records, and then unselect the current user.
Once you are satisfied, save your changes and then do the exact same process to the every user in your Method account. This will not work unless you do so.