The Method:Sidebar preferences allow you to set up the default behaviour for the Method:Sidebar. It is only accessible from Method:CRM, and not accessible from the Sidebar itself.
To access the preferences for the sidebar:
1. Log into Method:CRM.
2. Select the blue circle icon in the upper right corner and select Integrations.
3. In the list of Integrations, select Method:Sidebar for Gmail Settings.
The preferences are separated into two parts, Personal Settings and Company Settings.
- Personal settings will only affect the current Method:CRM user.
- Company settings will only be available to those with Administrator permissions in Method:CRM, and affects every user who connect with the Sidebar to this Method:CRM account.
For the most part, the personal settings of the Method:Sidebar preferences allows you to set up defaults for the fields of the following apps: Activities, Opportunities, and Cases. These defaults only affect the Method:Sidebar and will not change defaults for the apps within Method:CRM itself.
For more information on what each field means when setting a default, please see the appropriate help articles. This section will only refer to properties unique to the Method:Sidebar.
- Auto-expand Gmail when a contact is found - This setting is for the Gmail Gadget only.
- Autofill activity comments with first 250 characters of the email
- Auto-expand activity details section - This setting is for the Gmail Gadget only.
- Save email in plain text - There is a dedicated section within an activity for the email body. This specifies whether or not you want the email body to be saved in unformatted text as opposed to html.
- Autofill opportunity description with first 250 characters of the email
- Autofill case comments with first 250 characters of the email
As stated earlier, the company settings for the Method:Sidebar preferences will affect every user who connects to this Method:CRM account with their Method:Sidebar.
- Links Open in Classic - Links in the Method:Sidebar will open up in Method:Classic, the older version of Method:CRM. This will also ensure the Documents link is visible within the Method:Sidebar. The Documents link will only show the documents from Classic. No documents from the new version of Method:CRM will be shown.
- Links Open in New - Links in the Method:Sidebar will open up Method:CRM.
- If multiple contacts found - If you happen to have more than one contact for the same email
- Use Newest - bring up the newest contact that has been added to Method:CRM.
- Use Oldest - bring up the oldest contact that has been added to Method:CRM.
- Last Contacted - bring up the contact that was last contacted.