This item type is unique in that it refers to an asset you purchase, track, and may sell. As a result, the options available to be filled in on this screen assumes the asset is anything with monetary value (from vehicles, to land, to data servers). Take a look at the fields below for more information.
Note: This item is available in QuickBooks Desktop only.
To add this as an item, you will need to add a new item within the Items app, and choose Fixed Asset.
If you do not see the Items app, you will need to get access permission for this app from your administrator. The Items app is found in the Accounting Lists Pack.
When you select Fixed Asset, you'll be taken to the New Item Screen. The fields are described below.
- Item Name/Number: This field can be used to identify the asset by name or by number.
- Asset account: The account used to track the overall value of your fixed asset. These accounts are populated from QuickBooks.
- Active fixed asset item: Click this option to ensure this item appears in the "Active" filter view in the Item list, and so it also appears in drop down lists throughout Method.
- Purchase description: Include any details about the purchase you feel are pertinent that aren't addressed in other fields of this screen.
- Date: Identify the date of the purchase here.
- Cost: Indicate how much the asset cost upon purchase.
- Vendor Payee: Use this writable field to identify the vendor or payee from whom you purchased the asset.
- Sales description: Include any details about the sale that aren't addressed in other fields of this screen.
- Sales date: Identify the date the asset was sold.
- Sales price: Indicate how much the asset sold for.
- Sales expense: Include the amount the sale of the asset cost your organization (e.g. appraisal, lawyer, transfer of ownership fee's, etc).
- Acquired as new/old: Choose whether the asset was new or old when you purchased it.
- Asset Description: Include any details about the asset you feel are pertinent that aren't addressed in other fields of this screen.
- Location: Location of the asset.
- Serial number: If there was a serial number associated with the original purchase of your fixed asset, include it here.
- Warranty expires: If there is a warranty associated with the asset, either included during purchase or implemented prior to sale, indicate the expiry date in this field.
- Notes: Notes you may have about the asset
- Save & New: Saves the new or edited item and clears the fields above.
- Save & Back: Saves the new or edited item and return to the previous screen.