You may have duplicate customers when you convert a lead. This occurs when:
- A lead is created in Method.
- The same customer is created in QuickBooks.
- The lead in Method is converted to a customer.
If you are in QuickBooks Desktop and try to convert the lead to a customer, the customer goes into a sync conflict. If you are in QuickBooks Online, you can't even convert the lead because it will create a duplicate customer.
To solve this problem, you will need to have QuickBooks merge the two customers.
- Rename the lead to indicate it's a duplicate. e.g. "Bob Crenshaw2" if the original was "Bob Crenshaw"
- Convert the lead to a customer and have it Sync with QuickBooks.
- Go into QuickBooks and merge both customers.
To merge customers in QuickBooks, simply rename the duplicate customer, e.g. "Bob Crenshaw2" to the original name. QuickBooks will prompt you to merge them.
Once you do that and it syncs, then all the transactions and all the activities, opportunities, etc., will sync with Method.