The Go To Screen action redirects a user to any screen in any app in Method, provided the user has permission to see that screen or app.
▶ Navigate to (first dropdown): the App to navigate to.
▶ Navigate to (second dropdown): the screen within the app to navigate to.
▶ Set a screen Active RecordID: When navigating to the new screen, you can:
- Set Active RecordID: set Screen Active Record ID to a specific value. Normally used to edit a record.
- Clear screen: clear the Screen Active Record ID for a new entry
▶ Use this Active RecordID: choose the Record ID to put into the Screen Active Record ID. This option is not available if the previous option is set to Clear screen.
▶ After navigation: what to do with the current screen
- Close this screen - The screen will be removed from cache.
- Keep this screen in currently open list - The screen will be retained in the browser cache and may retain the Screen Active Record ID. However, screen events will still trigger.
▶ Refresh the destination screen after navigation: Refresh the controls of the destination page.
One common use for the Go To Screen action is the Back link on every screen. It uses the browser's history to go back to the previous page. Note how the parameters have changed for this option.
Edit Record on Row Click Event
Another common use for this action is to pass the RecordID of a record clicked in a grid to another page.
In the below example, note how the Use this Active RecordID is set to GridExample - RecordID.
- GridExample refers to the grid control
- RecordID refers to the column.
When used in conjunction with a Row Click Event, this will only contain the data from the specific row clicked.