As an administrator, you can set up display defaults in your Method account. Navigate via Account Settings > Display.
The display preferences page is divided into three sub-sections.
This section allows you to upload a company logo, which will appear on reports and in portals. The logo can be no more than 400x48 pixels, but Method supports most graphic file formats (e.g .jpg, .bmp). You may:
- upload an image from your computer
- link from a website
- remove the existing image
For more information, please see our article Upload Your Company Logo.
This is where you can choose your preferred date and time formats. These presets will determine how dates and times appear throughout Method.
For more information on Time Zones, please see "How are Time Zones set in Method?"
Here, you can choose how negative values appear throughout Method:
- with a minus symbol: -99.99
- in parentheses: (99.99)
You can also choose whether or not to use a thousands separator (e.g. 1,000 vs. 1000).
Default behavior for Go To Screen actions:
This refers to how records will open when selected in the app ribbon panel. In the below image, we are looking at an associated activity for an opportunity.
When a user selects the activity on the right, the activity will open within the panel itself, or open up in the main panel. This is dependent on the behavior set.
- Open in Current Panel - The associated record will appear within the panel, allowing the parent record to still be viewed on-screen. In the below example, notice how you can view an opportunity with an associated activity in the right panel. Note that any link selected in the panel will still show in the panel. Thus, if the David Henderson contact link is selected, it too will open in the right panel and the opportunity will still be visible.
- Open in Main Panel - With this selection, the selected associated record is brought up in its respective app, and the parent record will no longer be visible. In the below example, the activity is opened up in the Activities app.