What is this Beta Program?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favourite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, MailChimp, and over 1000 more including Method.
In order to use this beta, you will need to have an account with Zapier.
Please note this is a beta version which is still going through testing before official release. It is provided “as is” and “as available”. Method does not give any warranties, whether express or implied, as to the suitability or usability of the Zapier integration with Method.
Should you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or other problems, please let us know immediately so we can rectify these accordingly. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Accessing the Zapier Beta (version 1.2.5) Program
To get access to the Zapier Integration beta program, click below:
Accessing the beta will take you to the following screen for use.
Just accept the invite and Method will be available in your Zapier account.
How does Zapier Work?
Zapier allows you to set up tasks, or “zaps”. A zap can be, for example, automatically creating an Outlook calendar entry whenever an activity is created in Method.
Zapier works on a trigger event → action structure. In other words, Zapier waits until a specific event happens (like a new activity was created in Method) and when that event triggers it executes one or more actions (like creating a calendar entry in Outlook).
Method can be used as both the trigger and the action. In other words:
- When something is done in Method (Method triggers an event), then an action is done in another 3rd party app.
- When something is triggered in another 3rd party app, then an action is done in Method (Method is the action).
Method as the Trigger
In Zapier, you can create a zap which is triggered by Method. Here are the ways Method can trigger a zap:
- When a New Lead, or Customer is added.
- When a New Activity is added.
- When a New Opportunity is added.
After Method triggers the zap, you can have another app do an action. For example, you could have a Zapier send an email out in Gmail when a new lead is created in Method.
NOTE: When pulling in samples, (e.g. pulling in a sample invoice), it will only pull in records that were created in the last 60 minutes. Please create a test record before pulling in a sample.
For more information, please see our article Method Zapier - List of Trigger Events.
Method as an Action
You can create a zap triggered by another app, and have Method perform an action. Here are the things you can do in Method:
- Search Method: You can have Method find a specific Contact, Lead, Customer, and Vendor. Normally, this is done to grab the Record ID to use later in another action.
- Add a Customer, Lead, or Vendor.
- Add a new Activity. Requires a contact.
- Add a new Opportunity. Requires a contact.
- Add directly into a custom table.
For more information, please see our articles: