This article will outline how to create a work order that occurs just once.
To accommodate different workflows, there are four ways you can create a work order:
- From the Dashboard on the Work Orders App, click ⊕ New.
- From the Work Orders List, click ⊕ New Work Order.
- From the Work Orders Calendar View, click ⊕ Add New, or click and drag a time period in the calendar.
- When viewing a Contact, click ⊕ New when viewing their related Work Order.
Create a Work Order
1. Create a new work order from one of the four ways as listed above.
2. Select the customer you are doing the work order for.
The Work Order screen will come up for you to fill in. Below, we will break up the screen into three sections, noting the the pertinent fields specific to the work order.
Customer Information and Time Tracking Entries
When you select a customer, their information will show.
On the right, you will find the related time tracking entries associated with the work orders.
Of course, when you create a new work order, there won't be any time tracking entries. If you wish to create a time entry for this work order, they are generated by the Field Crew app. You will not be able to create a time entry for a work order from the Time Tracking App.
Under Service, you will put in details regarding the work order.
- Service Item - Select the first service item to include in the work order. Once selected, the item will be added in the grid under the Details section, and this field will disappear, to be replaced by the Job Name. If a default service item is chosen in the Work Apps Preferences, then this dropdown will not appear.
- Job Name - The Job Name field is not visible until the first service item is selected. Then the Job Name will copy the name of the first service item selected for this work order.
- Assigned To - The Method:CRM User assigned to the Work Order.
- Status - The status of the work order. This affects how it will look in the filter views for your list of work orders:
- Cancelled: Work order closed. Doesn't show in "Completed Work Orders".
- Completed: Work order closed. Shows in "Completed Work Orders".
- Deferred: Shows in "Open Work Orders".
- Delayed: Shows in "Open Work Orders".
- In Progress: Work order is open. Shows in "Open Work Orders".
- Not Started: Work order is open. Shows in "Open Work Orders".
- Waiting on Someone Else: Work order shows in "Waiting List".
- Click to Set Recurring Events - Since you are doing a one-time work order, you can skip this.
The items for the work order and all occurrences can be selected here.
- Details Grid - Add other items to the work order.
- Attachments - Add any images or files to the work order. When you add a file, you can also select a checkbox indicating you wish for it to be included if you send an email from this screen.
Work Order Buttons
- Delete - Delete the work order.
- Create Invoice - Create an invoice from the work order including the items added to the work order.
- Email - Email the work order to the assignee. A preview of the email will show up before you send it. If an attachment has been added, you can add the attachment to the email.
- Print - Print the work order using the template specified in the Work Apps Preferences,
- Save - Save your work order