A Sales Receipt can be created in Method:CRM using the Sales Receipts App. This article will explain the different parts of the Sales Receipt screen.
Note: There are minor differences in creating a Sales Receipt for Method:CRM depending on whether or not you have QuickBooks Desktop, or QuickBooks Online. If you are using QuickBooks Online, please see our article Create a Sales Receipt in Method:CRM for QBO Accounts.
For the purpose of this article we will separate the Sales Receipt into four sections:
- Sales Receipt Details
- Sales Receipt Line Items
- Sales Receipt Total
- Sales Receipt Buttons
Sales Receipt Details
1. To create a new Sales Receipt, click ⊕ New on your Sales Receipts App, or click ⊕ New Sales Receipt from your Sales Receipt List.
2. This opens your New Sales Receipt screen. Choose a customer to associate with this receipt. This opens up more fields to be filled out.
3. The top will show the total, the customer, and on the right, the open and closed activities related to this sales receipt. Because this is a brand new transaction, there won't be any activities related to it yet.
4. When you select a customer, the billing and shipping addresses for that customer will populate for the sales receipt. You will have the option to choose a different ship address if you have multiple shipping addresses for your customer.
5. Next, the following fields, other than the Date, are optional.
- Sale #: Will be auto-calculated either by QuickBooks or Method:CRM if left blank.
- Date*: Date of transaction
- Sales rep: Assign a sales rep.
- Ship method: Determine how the product will be shipped, if applicable.
- Class (not shown): The class you wish to assign this to.
- Tags: Label and categorize your transaction. (See Tags.)
- Opportunity: The opportunity this estimate is linked to.
- Wait for approval before syncing: Prevents the sales receipt from syncing to QuickBooks until a user unchecks this option and saves.
- To be emailed in QuickBooks: Flags the sales receipt in QuickBooks as "to be emailed"; group and email multiple sales orders in QuickBooks.
- To be printed in QuickBooks: Flags the sales receipt in QuickBooks as "to be printed"; group and print multiple sales orders in QuickBooks.
- Sales receipt as pending: Flags the sales receipt in QuickBooks as "pending"; do not send this receipt to the customer yet within QuickBooks.
5. The next fields deal with payment options.
- Payment Method: Type of payment.
- Deposit to Account: Choose the bank account the payment will initially be deposited in. This field is populated by QuickBooks.
- Check #: Assign a check number if applicable.
6. Process with Payment Gateway: If you have a payment gateway set up, you can immediately process the sales receipt with a selected payment gateway. Once a payment has been processed:
- Checkbox to process payment gateway will no longer appear
- The Check # will be filled with the appropriate reference number from the payment gateway.
Sales Receipt Line Items
Line items are added to the Sales Receipt using the Line Items grid. Items available are taken from the Items App which is synced with your QuickBooks account. By clicking on a row, each column (other than the Amount) can be edited to fill in details for each line item.
Click inside the line item to grid to add QuickBooks items to this sales receipt. To add more lines, select the Add Lines button.
If you are viewing on mobile, adding new items is done via a separate screen.
Notice, line items are not saved until you save the whole Sales Receipt. If you updated the line items and log out of your session, they will not be saved in the Sales Receipt.
Sales Receipt Totals
At the bottom of the screen, you will see your total as well as other details.
- Memo (Internal): A note you can leave to you and your staff which will not be seen by the customer.
- Customer Message: A note the customer can see.
- Attachments: You can attach any file to this particular sales receipt.
- Taxes: Select a tax rate for this sales receipt.
- Customer Tax Code: Enter in the tax code if applicable.
Sales Receipt Buttons
- More Actions [▾] - Clear / New: Clear all the fields on the screen to enter in a new sales receipt.
- More Actions [▾] - Delete: Delete your sales receipt. Note: Deleting a sales receipt cannot be undone.
- Print: This will bring up a pdf document of the sales receipt for printing. Your pop-ups must be enabled for Method:CRM, else the document will be blocked and nothing will happen when you click this button. The PDF link created will expire within 5 to 10 minutes. You should not reference the link in any permanent document.
- Email: This will email the sales receipt to the customer. You will get a preview of the email before sending.
- Save [▾] - Save the sales receipt and stay on the screen.
- Save [▾] - Save & New: Save this sales receipt and clear all the fields to enter in a new sales receipt.
- Save [▾] - Save & Back: Save the sales receipt and navigate to the previous screen.
Once saved, your sales receipt will be visible in your Sales Receipt List.