In the previous mission, we added functionality to the Save button, but a user would expect something to happen after they hit save.
In this case, saving the car should take the user back to where they came from. However, there's already a link on the screen that takes you back: the Back link.
This is where the action Call Routine comes in handy. (Note: This action was previously known as Call Another Action Set. The above video will refer to this action with its old name.)
Basically, this action says "Do whatever that control is doing," so we're going to add that to our save button.
Updating the Save Button
1. Make sure you are customizing the New Car screen.
2. Select the arrow ( ▼ ) on the Save button and choose its Click event to bring up the Action Editor.
3. Search for Call Routine action and select it.
4. The Select a Routine dropdown will list all the controls with events that have actions. The Back (Click) should already be selected.
5. Type in your Internal Notes, saying something like “Do Back's Click Event actions” so you know which action set it is calling.
6. Close the Action Editor and close Design Mode.
Great! Now when you add a new car and save it, the app will close the Add New Car screen and take you back to the previous screen.
Coming up next...
Believe it or not, we're still not done with the experience of saving a new car. What else needs to be done?
What happens when someone doesn't enter in the required fields? The screen should check for that, which we will look at in the next mission.