A text object, unlike a text input object, is designed to display text on the screen. It can also be used as a clickable link if you add actions to its click event.
- Text: Set the text to display on screen. Also used to uniquely identify the object within actions. HTML tags will be rendered as HTML.
- Load State: The initial state when the screen loads.
- Font Type: This specifies the type of font used for the text object. Currently there are two types: Paragraph and Title. Paragraph is for normal text. Title is for larger text that is used for titles.
- Format as link: Make the text a link, and then you can format in a number of ways based on link: a phone number, or an email, or web address!
- Text stays on one line: Text stays on one line as opposed to wrapping to the next line if it’s too long. Careful – this means it could go right off the screen.
- Show Icon: Allows you to add an icon to the text object by choosing from the Method list. This also opens an option to choose the icon alignment (left or right).
- Width: How wide should your control be in relation to its container? Auto means it’ll be the width of the text or icon, Fixed lets you assign a width in pixels, and Full will make it the full width of the section or cell it has been dragged into.
A text object can be a normal word, or a number, or a date. Using Format as, you can set how the text will display
- None: No format
- Number: Display as a number. If chosen, you can also select decimal rounding and thousands separator.
- Short Date: If a date and time, display date as "MMM-DD-YYYY".
- Short Date and Time: If a date and time display short date with time.
- Long Date: If a date and time, display date with "Day, Month DD, YYYY"
- Long Date and Time: If a date and time, display long date with time.
- Time: If a date and time, format to display time.
- Hour: If a time, show just the hour of the time.
- Day of Week: If a date, show only the day of the week.
- Month: If a date, show only the month.
- Month and Year: If a date, show only month and year.
- Year: If a date, show only year.
- Text size/colors: Determine the size and color of your text from the Method palette.
- Icon colors: If you have an icon in your text object, choose its color here.
- Text align: Choose from regular, left, center, right, and justified alignments.
- Caption Font weight: Choose how thick the caption text appears.
- Border size/color/style: Change the size, color and style of your border.
Actions / Events
- Click event: The click event triggers if the text object is clicked.