The Signature component will capture an approval for any type of record within Method, for example, an estimate or a work order.
When a user has entered in their name, the signature component will retain:
- IP Address
- Signed Date
- Signed Name
- Signature URL - This will be a link to a PDF of a screenshot of the Method screen with the signature component
Signature Component Notes
A few things to keep in mind for the signature component:
- Only one signature component per screen - A signature component cannot be duplicated and once on the screen, you cannot add another.
- Data captured is attached to the record - Once the signature has been captured, it will be attached to the record. If the signature component is on a Method screen, it will display the captured signature if the Screen Active Record ID is set.
- A PDF of the captured signature is created - When the signature component is showing a captured signature, a user can click on it to show a PDF of the entire screen with the captured signature.
How the Signature Component Works
When viewed on the screen, the user is presented with a clickable area where they can Add a signature.
When this is clicked, a new pop-up appears:
The user can type in their signature, as shown above, or they can select the Draw tab at the top and then draw in their signature as shown below.
Accepting the signature closes the pop-up, and the user can accept it or cancel. They can also edit the signature if need be.
Signature Component Properties
When not signed, the signature component has four elements when viewed on the screen: the caption, a clickable area which brings up a pop-up to add the signature, the accept button, and the cancel button.
- Caption: The text used to caption the control.
- Hide Caption: Hide the caption so it doesn't show on the Method screen.
- Load State: The initial state when the screen loads.
- Placeholder: This is sample text to help prompt the user on the input (e.g. “type your name here”).
- Accept Button Text: The text used for the Accept button.
- Cancel Button Text: The text used for the Cancel button.
- Hide Cancel: Check this to hide the Cancel button.
There are no style properties for this control.
ACTIONS / EVENTS
The signature component has unique events that trigger based on how the user interacts with it.
- Accept - Triggered when the user clicks the Accept button. Normally, this will be a Save All action.
- Cancel - Triggered when the user clicks the Cancel button.